Re: Bird display for MDM

Unread postby Denis » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:55 pm

Here is part 2 of the bird songs.
Attachments
birdsForMp3Player2.zip
(1.39 MiB) Downloaded 99 times

Unread postby Denis » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:02 pm

MDFLY MOL AU5016 Specs I have discovered.
RESET is an round pad on the unlabelled side of the board near the BSY LED.

After shorting RESET to ground until the LEDs flash will cause the board to be unusable until power is interrupted.
The inputs are active on power rise not active low. When the pins are grounded nothing happens until the ground is lifted. Pull down resistors won't work because one and only pin can select a song. However I found that having onekey pin grounded and the momentarily grounding any other key pin then the track with the grounded pin will play. If two pins are grounded and a third pin is momentarily grounded nothing will play.
The player goes into the continuous mode by grounding the RPT pin, then grounding play, then grounding next. All groundings are done momentarily. To go out of continuous play then RPT is held at ground until the track finishes playing.

The tracks can be named with or without text. These two formats will work. 1011.mp3 and 1011Eleven.mp3. I had this with the dot between the number and the text. There were problems with that method. Extra tracks were playing even if the the track that had started playing was not one with the text.

My next step to to dig deeper into serial control. I would prefer to do it without the arduino to keep the cost down. The more I have thought about this the more it appears less practical to use the key switches input for this project.

Unread postby Denis » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:35 pm

Three things are in the works which may be a change of directions. Trudi has some greeting card recorder modules on order. They could be used as stand alone song calls for the birds. They cost about $5 each. I gave her a bird which I had cut out with the laser cutter. She has drawn the bird on it but has not painted it. The modules should be in any day now.
Ben has some I2C component on order. Each component would identify the bird at that location.
Eric showed me how I could program an MCU in the arduino and then replace the arduino with the MCU.

Previous

Return to Projects